Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Backpack Mini Album Using CTMH Superhero Papers

Pin It
As a consultant, sometimes it is easy to be so focused on your work that you forget to do something for yourself. That is why I'm honored to be in a group called the Inky Fingers that meets about every other month for some papercrafting fun. My friend Caryl invited me to their group and I just love the projects that they come up with!  We haven't met yet this month, but I heard about the project and just had to share it with my CTMH team ASAP!  Thankfully Sabine sent me the link to the directions so I could prepare for the meeting early.  Thanks Sabine!  She found the directions here in case you would like to make one too, but see below for a few tweaks that I made. Here is my little mini album of my son. (Isn't he too cute!?)




Little mini magnets are attached using Liquid Glass to hold the flaps down.

Supplies:
Qty    Description
  • Superhero Paper Packet
  • (1) 3 x 11 strip of cardstock (Gray Wool)
  • (2) 2 3/4 x 11 strips of cardstock (Cranberry)
  • (7) 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 assorted pieces of coordinating B&T paper and cardstock
  • (1) 2 3/4 x 3 B&T (blue "Wack, Crush, Splat!")
  • (1) 5 x 5 B&T (striped)
  • (1) 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 B&T (stars)
  • (2) Brads
  • 18" ribbon (medium width black satin ribbon)
  • Corner Rounder
  • Liquid Glass
  • Bone Folder
  • 1/8" hole punch
  • 1 1/2" circle punch
  • Paper Trimmer with regular and scoring blade
  • Piercing Tool for brads
  • Scissors
  • Any ruler
  • Tombow Adhesive
  • Other coordinating accents (star dimensional element, sponge dauber, Moonstruck ink pad)
  • 8-10 small photos
 Tips:
  • The original directions weren't quite clear as to what to do with the ends of the ribbon straps. I tried just tying the ends together in the back, but the knot was too bulky.  Instead, I taped the ends to the inside of the back and then just glued the back page to it to cover it up. Now it lays nice and flat!
  • The mini magnets were quite hard to find. I looked at Michaels and Joanns, but they didn't have them there.  I finally found them at Artco in the center isle, not with the other magnets.  I know you can order them online too, but I was too impatient didn't have time.
  • Make sure you round the corners of the flaps before you glue everything together and add the brads. Oops!
  • Let me know if you have any questions!



Pin It

2 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

/cute! i have made these back packs before and have never been able to figure out how to do the album inside. Thank you for linking to the tutorial :)Love your superhero version it is adorable.

Angela said...

Thanks Amy! They are so much fun!